Pakistan Entomological Society came forth in 1974 with a view to promote the science of Entomology by providing the research scientists a vibrant forum to present their findings, discuss ways and means to overcome difficulties faced by them.
Keeping this in view, the Society, in the beginning, started publishing a bi-annual journal "Pakistan Entomologist (PE)" in 1979, in which, original research articles, short communication and review papers in the area of Entomology and allied fields are published. We feel pleasure to state that the Journal has completed 30 years of its regular publication.
The Journal welcomes the submission of manuscripts that meet the general criteria of significance and scientific excellence. Papers are published approximately one month after acceptance. All articles published in PE are peer-reviewed.
PE is an international journal covering the whole field of general, experimental, systematic and applied entomology. The language of publication is English. Suitable manuscripts are reviewed by al least two independent and world renowned referees before acceptance.
Why to Publish in PE
• Easy submission
• Global recognition
• Wide Circulation
• Quick Processing
Pakistan Entomologist incorporates an innovative approach to support its clients through and additional information service that provides access to the full paper as well as to the abstracts of all the papers published under our Journal. It is being brought-out electronically in PDF, and in hard copy print versions, at a bimonthly frequency entirely free of cost.
Clients, irrespective of their subscription choice are entitled to receive this rich information service in an uninterrupted manner, free of cost. In addition, it furthers the service to provide full-text papers selected by our clients on nominal charges.
Other salient features regarding future Plan:
• Recognized by Higher Education Commission Pakistan.
• Editorial office on the Web.
• Takes care of the manuscripts online from submission to the proof-reading and web-publishing.
• Email notifications and reminders.
• Smooth review process through a highly acclaimed editorial boards.
• User’s friendly Platform-needs web-browser and internet connection only, No need of any special software or computer resources, easy accessibility from any Computer System, facilitate an uninterrupted access and search for the journals using a unified platform.
• No restrictions on account of different time and space zones, rapid publication and access, reduced time-lag on submission-decision making process, queries/concerns from authors minimal due to status track by them.
• Facilitates best refereeing practices, reference check, plagiarism check.
• Access to the largest possible audience to disseminate research findings.
• Rapid dissemination of scientific information by expeditious review, editorial and production work, and distribution.
• Linking to other electronic information, e.g. links between reference citations and articles abstracts and between references to material on the Web and the remote sites themselves, facility to conduct an extensive search across the full test of multiple journals (STM Journals), Good ranking with search engines enabling people to find your site.
• Accord free online open access to the abstracts of all papers.
• Indexing with secondary sources of S&T Information/bibliographic databases.